Now you can have hundreds of historical outline maps at your finger tips. Save yourself
countless hours scouring the internet for the perfect printable map for your history lesson!
Recommended by The Well-Trained Mind!
"I enjoyed Terri's podcast with
Cindy Rushton and look forward to using the maps!" - Vicki
It is a proven fact that using historical outline maps help cement historical and geographical
facts for students and adults alike. Just knowing that Alexander the Great conquered the whole
known world is simply not enough. Seeing this enormous ancient empire on paper gives visual and
non-visual students an edge in their learning.
The truth is... most educators know this, but struggle to find the maps they are looking for. Now
your search is over. Blackline Maps of World History is now available on CD-ROM for easy
"We are enjoying using the maps
CD. Wish I had discovered it 13 years ago. I have spent so many hours searching for maps to go with
our studies :-)" - Marilyn
With Blackline Maps of World History, you, as the teacher, can...
1. Have over 200 World History maps at your fingertips.
2. Print them all or just the ones you need today.
3. Make multiple copies for your family's use. (Schools, classrooms and co-ops can take advantage
of our volume discounts or site license agreement.)
4. Never worry about lesson plans for your maps. We've included them for you!
5. Have different aged students working at their own ability. No more trying to stretch the lesson
up or down.
With Blackline Maps of World History, your students can...
1. See the landscape (i.e. the political boundaries, major cities, etc.) from the historical
time period - instead of what the region is like today.
2. Label places of historical significance on their outline maps.
3. Color in empires, trace travel routes, draw scales and directional symbols, etc.
4. Maps don't have to be boring... Students should feel free to experiment with colored markers,
pencils, paint and even glitter (this is optional, of course!)
5. Finished maps can be posted to the bulletin board or refrigerator or placed in a history
"I purchased the Knowledge
Quest maps for this time period and they have been a terrific addition! All three kids (11,9,6)
have learned a great deal." - Beth
You may be wondering if you can find most of these maps for free online? The truth is, quite
frankly, that you will not. I used to spend countless hours scouring the Internet for the
appropriate map for our history lesson. Sometimes BINGO I would find just what I was looking for.
But more often than not, there would be something about the map that I wished I could change. Maybe
we were studying the United Kingdoms of Italy and the boundaries of the territories were not there.
Or maybe we were studying South America during the times of the Spanish conquistadors and the only
maps I could find had current political boundaries or no boundaries at all.
I began producing these maps in 2001 for Susan Wise Bauer's Story of the World series. Since then,
we have greatly improved the quality of the maps using vector graphics. These new upgraded computer
generated maps are cleaner, clearer and easier to use than the original ones.
"I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how WONDERFUL your maps are! I just love to use
maps in school; it makes everything so clear. And your maps are perfect for each unit we study.
It's great to have a resource like this instead of having to paw through numerous books to find
maps and then have to shrink them or enlarge them to suit the need! I have recommended your maps to
many people." - Sue
Click the button below to buy the CD-ROM edition of Blackline Maps of World History - The Complete
Currently Out of
Or buy both CD-ROMs - the World History maps set plus the American
History Map set - for only $45.00. You save 10% over buying them individually.
Currently Out of
Prefer to buy hardcover + CD-ROM for $45.00 - Click Here.
Prefer to purchase the digital version instead - Click