1. Afrikaans is related to Dutch.
2. Mount Kilimanjaro is Africa's tallest mountain.
3. It is 19,341 feet tall.
4. Zanzibar and Tanganyika make up the country of Tanzania.
5. The first successful heart transplant was performed in South Africa.
6. More than 40 ethnic groups live in Togo.
7. Name at least two natural resources or crops that come from each country.
(Answers will vary but may contain any of the following.)
South Africa – diamonds, gold, corn, sugar, fruit, wool
Swaziland – sugar cane, citrus fruits, textile goods, timber
Togo – cocoa, coffee, cotton
Tanzania – gold, diamonds, iron, tin, platinum, coal, Tanzanite gemstones
8. Name the capital of each country.
South Africa - Pretoria
Sudan - Khartoum
Swaziland - Lobamba
Togo - Lome
Tanzania - Dodoma